Taste Excellence: Excellence is a sophisticated chocolate sensory experience best discovered with all five senses – sight, touch, sound, smell and taste. Learn the art of tasting fine chocolate through a process we call The Five Senses Chocolate Tasting.
1. Sight of Excellence: Examine the chocolate's color, structure and sheen. Premium chocolate should have a silky matte sheen and an even texture.
2. Touch of Excellence: Feel the surface of the chocolate, to ensure it's silky smooth. Premium chocolate should never feel rough or grainy.
3. Sound of Excellence: Break the bar and listen for a loud, crisp snap. A clean snap is a sign of good quality and texture.
4. Smell of Excellence: Breathe in the rich fragrances of your chocolate before placing in your mouth. You will be able to identify a range of pleasant and intense aromas.
5. Taste of Excellence: Let the square melt on the tongue and experience the intense chocolate flavor. This is the height of the experience where your senses work together to produce an overwhelming sensation.