INTENSE ORANGE POT DE CRÈME
- 6oz Lindt Excellence Intense Orange bar, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- Combine the chopped chocolate, heavy cream, milk and sugar in a saucepan or double boiler.
- Stir constantly while bringing the mixture to a heavy simmer.
- Remove from heat.
- Put the egg yolks in a heat proof bowl and beat lightly.
- Add a small amount of the hot cream/chocolate mixture to the yolks and stir.
- Pour the cream/yolk mixture into the cream/chocolate mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Return the pan to the heat and stir until the mixture thickens (coats the back of a spoon).
- Pass the mixture through a sieve and pour into the serving cups.
Refrigerate for 4-6 hours or over night. Cover with plastic wrap when completely cooled.
Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and a bit of orange zest if desired.
Serve in Pot de Crème cups or demitasse cups. Small ramekins, espresso or coffee cups will also work nicely. If you're using a larger cup only fill it 1/2 to 3/4 depending on size of cup.